Skip to main content

Time to Get Organised!

January was the month of sleep in my house, as you may recall. And what a life-changing month that was. Unbelievable. And I'm hearing of the successes for other sleep-deprived Mummies & Daddies across the land. Thank you Jo Frost. You are amazing!

So to February. And I have decided February is the month of organisation.

We have a new boiler being installed next week. And as our old system is just that, it will cause all manner of disruption as we will no longer have need for the old tank and all the storage required to house it. Not to mention the change of pipes etc. (and of course no heating or water for 2 days - but that's ok as I'll be out of the way for that bit!)

Some of this disruption will be in the infamous kitchen. Which I can cope with. It's work in progress in there, as you know.

But the thing that bothers me is this: my office. I had to move it into the dining room once ready. But now it is returning to the spare bedroom again.

Now I'm fortunate in that I only need a laptop, printer etc and I'm there. But look at the state of the ROOM!

And that's before the floorboards come up for the plumbers.

And before we shrink this room in order to make our bathroom bigger.

Good thing I go OUT to see my clients! (and going out is high on my agenda as you know)

So when this work is done, I shall attempt to make this a more organised office space. And February is my month to do so.

There. Challenge set. Watch this space.

It can't get much worse than this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wondermum Makes - Tegenarium - Spider House!

My Mum isn't a lover of spiders and unfortunately she passed this fear unwittingly onto Roar when he was small. She didn't want him to stay afraid and so one Christmas, she bought him a Spider House Kit.  Between us we hoped he would learn about them and watch one and see they spend a lot of their time motionless and aren't really that scary. Don't get me wrong, I don't love it when a spider scuttles too close, but it's usually the shock of something scuttling into view that's more 'scary' than the spider itself.  Well, that's what I tell myself anyway!  We have no poisonous spiders to worry about so there really isn't anything to fear (although I know that isn't the same everywhere). We've had this Spider House Kit tucked away in a box for at least a couple of years as Roar was initially not keen.  However, in Lockdown all  the 'kits' are coming out and so has this one and, what's more, he's LOVED IT! He has l...

Wondermum Makes - No-Spider Tegenarium / Spiderless Spider House!

Further to my recent post, I realise not everyone loves spiders and not everyone knows where to find them or is sure if their spiders are safe.  And, as we also have a toddler in our house, we needed a 'Cub Safe' version to ensure no real spiders are harmed by an excited toddler shaking their spider-house! So we decided to make a pretend spider so Cub could also be included :) To make the actual spider house, see my other post - this is just to make the fake spiders! Things You Will Need Our list included single and double-sided tape, curling ribbon, scissors, paper, black pen and optional googly-eyes :) But if you don't have all of the above, you could use glue instead of tape or double-back on itself some single sided tape to make it double-side.  Curling ribbon could be string/cotton/wool etc. Your spider can be any colour so any colour paper will do or colour some in.  You could even use newspaper!  And if you don't have googly-eyes, you can m...

Writing - Breathing for the Soul - Our Shared Superpower

Since I've started writing again, I've come to the conclusion that for me, writing really is like breathing for my soul. The sense of calm and relief I feel and possess when I write is transformative compared to when I don't. I'm happier.  In all things.  All of the time.  It's like having a superpower that transcends all aspects of my life. Taking the time to write is in itself taking time to treat myself with a kindness I would usually only reserve for others. Like a soul-spa.  It cleanses and renews. It enables me to cut through the top 'chaos-layer' and reveal what sits underneath.  It's a way to cut out the noise and focus in on what's really true and what really matters. I get perspective too.  So if things are troubling or emotive, writing gives me the opportunity to 'talk it out' on the page and make sense of it all.  I am always clear by the time I'm done.  I know why I feel the way I do and what action I need to take...