Skip to main content

Welcome To My Laundry

So, we intended to put the Christmas stuff up in the loft yesterday (finally - I might add it has been carefully boxed-up and patiently waiting to be taken into the loft since 4th Jan)...

...so Mr Big decides yesterday was loft day and finally the boxes would make their way into the loft.  In the many years of knowing Mr Big I have realised, he will get round to things.  In his own time.  In his own way.  And that is how it is.

Patience has become a virtue of mine.  Well, not quite, but I have learned there really is no point rushing him on some of the smaller things in life - especially when there are larger priorities like THE KITCHEN to deal with!

So finally the Christmas boxes make it into the loft.  However, when in said loft, we realised just how many boxes of clothes we had put up there that we could actually now do with.  Error.  We now have way more boxes OUT of out loft than we actually put IN!

And guess what?  They all smell of that horrid musty, loft smell as we were not organised enough to vac-pack the clothes and just popped them up there in ordinary boxes.

So here is what my kitchen looks like.  This is AFTER I have already done 3 loads of washing...

As you can see, there are 4 boxes still to do, as well as a full washing basket.


And here is our washing line.  Yes.  I tried my luck and attempted outside drying.  In January.  In England.



Sometimes, we do have good weather here - even in winter!

The sun was shining brightly when I originally put this up.  Alas, not for long though. And although it is not raining, it has clouded over, and there is cloud as far as the eye can see. So the heating is back on in a vain attempt to get everything dry again.  And the tumble dryer is on.  We have a condensing one.  Integrated into the washing machine.  Guess what I'll be changing when we get the kitchen done!  At least separates would mean I could get the next load washed while another dried.  An all in one is driving me mad!

xx

Comments

  1. Patience..... One of your virtues!!!!!!

    Much love,

    Hubby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let that one go Mr Big. You see. How patient and tolerant of me! Hee hee! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wondermum Makes - Tegenarium - Spider House!

My Mum isn't a lover of spiders and unfortunately she passed this fear unwittingly onto Roar when he was small. She didn't want him to stay afraid and so one Christmas, she bought him a Spider House Kit.  Between us we hoped he would learn about them and watch one and see they spend a lot of their time motionless and aren't really that scary. Don't get me wrong, I don't love it when a spider scuttles too close, but it's usually the shock of something scuttling into view that's more 'scary' than the spider itself.  Well, that's what I tell myself anyway!  We have no poisonous spiders to worry about so there really isn't anything to fear (although I know that isn't the same everywhere). We've had this Spider House Kit tucked away in a box for at least a couple of years as Roar was initially not keen.  However, in Lockdown all  the 'kits' are coming out and so has this one and, what's more, he's LOVED IT! He has l...

Wondermum Makes - No-Spider Tegenarium / Spiderless Spider House!

Further to my recent post, I realise not everyone loves spiders and not everyone knows where to find them or is sure if their spiders are safe.  And, as we also have a toddler in our house, we needed a 'Cub Safe' version to ensure no real spiders are harmed by an excited toddler shaking their spider-house! So we decided to make a pretend spider so Cub could also be included :) To make the actual spider house, see my other post - this is just to make the fake spiders! Things You Will Need Our list included single and double-sided tape, curling ribbon, scissors, paper, black pen and optional googly-eyes :) But if you don't have all of the above, you could use glue instead of tape or double-back on itself some single sided tape to make it double-side.  Curling ribbon could be string/cotton/wool etc. Your spider can be any colour so any colour paper will do or colour some in.  You could even use newspaper!  And if you don't have googly-eyes, you can m...

Writing - Breathing for the Soul - Our Shared Superpower

Since I've started writing again, I've come to the conclusion that for me, writing really is like breathing for my soul. The sense of calm and relief I feel and possess when I write is transformative compared to when I don't. I'm happier.  In all things.  All of the time.  It's like having a superpower that transcends all aspects of my life. Taking the time to write is in itself taking time to treat myself with a kindness I would usually only reserve for others. Like a soul-spa.  It cleanses and renews. It enables me to cut through the top 'chaos-layer' and reveal what sits underneath.  It's a way to cut out the noise and focus in on what's really true and what really matters. I get perspective too.  So if things are troubling or emotive, writing gives me the opportunity to 'talk it out' on the page and make sense of it all.  I am always clear by the time I'm done.  I know why I feel the way I do and what action I need to take...