Skip to main content

I gave my daughter a Space Cake!

This post probably sounds more interesting than it actually is.

Of course, I didn't actually give Baby A a 'space cake'. In fact I probably wouldn't know how to make one. Albeit it can't be that difficult. Look who eats them - hardly the most cognitively aware (I generalise but you catch my drift!)

(mum, if you're unsure what I'm talking about, just check google.)

Everyone else - I'm pretty sure my own mother does know, but I prefer to think that she doesn't!

Anyhoo, Baby A and I did our first proper baking together today. And she did help me by pouring things into the bowl. And even attempted folding in the flour. Well, stirring the flour - but hey, that's a pretty good start! We had a great time and got all dressed up in our aprons and chefs hats! Well, you've got to look the part, right?!

So here is the space cake I referred to:

Ok so really it's a butterfly cake, but we ran out of cake tins!

Oh and by the way, we didn't just make that one cake! We baked an actual cake and this was left over mixture. I can't show you the actual cake yet as I'm giving it to someone for their birthday. I'm pretty sure they already know they are getting a cake, but I don't want to show it until they've seen it!

Besides, that buys me a few days to really bake a cake and pretend I did it now (joke!)

xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wondermum Makes - Tegenarium - Spider House!

My Mum isn't a lover of spiders and unfortunately she passed this fear unwittingly onto Roar when he was small. She didn't want him to stay afraid and so one Christmas, she bought him a Spider House Kit.  Between us we hoped he would learn about them and watch one and see they spend a lot of their time motionless and aren't really that scary. Don't get me wrong, I don't love it when a spider scuttles too close, but it's usually the shock of something scuttling into view that's more 'scary' than the spider itself.  Well, that's what I tell myself anyway!  We have no poisonous spiders to worry about so there really isn't anything to fear (although I know that isn't the same everywhere). We've had this Spider House Kit tucked away in a box for at least a couple of years as Roar was initially not keen.  However, in Lockdown all  the 'kits' are coming out and so has this one and, what's more, he's LOVED IT! He has l...

Wondermum Makes - No-Spider Tegenarium / Spiderless Spider House!

Further to my recent post, I realise not everyone loves spiders and not everyone knows where to find them or is sure if their spiders are safe.  And, as we also have a toddler in our house, we needed a 'Cub Safe' version to ensure no real spiders are harmed by an excited toddler shaking their spider-house! So we decided to make a pretend spider so Cub could also be included :) To make the actual spider house, see my other post - this is just to make the fake spiders! Things You Will Need Our list included single and double-sided tape, curling ribbon, scissors, paper, black pen and optional googly-eyes :) But if you don't have all of the above, you could use glue instead of tape or double-back on itself some single sided tape to make it double-side.  Curling ribbon could be string/cotton/wool etc. Your spider can be any colour so any colour paper will do or colour some in.  You could even use newspaper!  And if you don't have googly-eyes, you can m...

Writing - Breathing for the Soul - Our Shared Superpower

Since I've started writing again, I've come to the conclusion that for me, writing really is like breathing for my soul. The sense of calm and relief I feel and possess when I write is transformative compared to when I don't. I'm happier.  In all things.  All of the time.  It's like having a superpower that transcends all aspects of my life. Taking the time to write is in itself taking time to treat myself with a kindness I would usually only reserve for others. Like a soul-spa.  It cleanses and renews. It enables me to cut through the top 'chaos-layer' and reveal what sits underneath.  It's a way to cut out the noise and focus in on what's really true and what really matters. I get perspective too.  So if things are troubling or emotive, writing gives me the opportunity to 'talk it out' on the page and make sense of it all.  I am always clear by the time I'm done.  I know why I feel the way I do and what action I need to take...