Skip to main content

Hilton Tries & Candy Highs

Wow! What a day!

Just returned back from a fabulous weekend with my sister and her hubby at their swanky London pad. Very nice, don't you know!

Mr Big, Baby A and I all went up together and we had a ball. So lovely to catch up & great for them to spend some time with their niece. I think she wooed them with her cuteness!

Saturday, we had a wonderful time in the park in the morning, followed by a children's zoo in the afternoon. In true Baby A style, she was WAY more impressed with the massive sand pit play area than with the animals, but I'm her defence, it was a pretty cool play area, complete with interactive water pumps the kiddie winks can control (and Mr Big & Baby A's Uncle's favourites - sit-on 'diggers' - yes, guess who was sat on them 'digging'?!)

After a scrummy pub dinner, the boys were relegated to the nearest pub to watch the (which of course they did under great protest) leaving a nicely tired out sister & I to put an even more tired Baby A to bed while we tucked into some rather nice wine & watched a chick flick. Very nice too.

Today was even better! My sis & I decided a while ago to treat ourselves for our mutual birthdays by going for a spa treatment and an afternoon tea (my calorie controlled diet is going well as I write this as I'm sure you can imagine).

So off we went. To the Hilton, Park Lane, no less, for a hot stone massage and champagne afternoon tea. Neither of us had been to the Hilton for treatments before. Or had tea there. And it's not exactly an everyday luxury we afford ourselves, so it was a fabulous treat.

And I got a few hours off from being wife, or mummy, or business woman, and it was wonderful.

I write this as a new wonder mum. Revived.

Here are some pics of our fabulous weekend.

I'm off to sleep now as it's an hour on the treadmill tomorrow am for me in a vain attempt to redress the balance of today's excess. Worth every minute!

WM x

Comments

  1. Looks like you had agreat time... when you coming to visit Aunty Lucy?????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wondermum Makes - Tegenarium - Spider House!

My Mum isn't a lover of spiders and unfortunately she passed this fear unwittingly onto Roar when he was small. She didn't want him to stay afraid and so one Christmas, she bought him a Spider House Kit.  Between us we hoped he would learn about them and watch one and see they spend a lot of their time motionless and aren't really that scary. Don't get me wrong, I don't love it when a spider scuttles too close, but it's usually the shock of something scuttling into view that's more 'scary' than the spider itself.  Well, that's what I tell myself anyway!  We have no poisonous spiders to worry about so there really isn't anything to fear (although I know that isn't the same everywhere). We've had this Spider House Kit tucked away in a box for at least a couple of years as Roar was initially not keen.  However, in Lockdown all  the 'kits' are coming out and so has this one and, what's more, he's LOVED IT! He has l...

Wondermum Makes - No-Spider Tegenarium / Spiderless Spider House!

Further to my recent post, I realise not everyone loves spiders and not everyone knows where to find them or is sure if their spiders are safe.  And, as we also have a toddler in our house, we needed a 'Cub Safe' version to ensure no real spiders are harmed by an excited toddler shaking their spider-house! So we decided to make a pretend spider so Cub could also be included :) To make the actual spider house, see my other post - this is just to make the fake spiders! Things You Will Need Our list included single and double-sided tape, curling ribbon, scissors, paper, black pen and optional googly-eyes :) But if you don't have all of the above, you could use glue instead of tape or double-back on itself some single sided tape to make it double-side.  Curling ribbon could be string/cotton/wool etc. Your spider can be any colour so any colour paper will do or colour some in.  You could even use newspaper!  And if you don't have googly-eyes, you can m...

Writing - Breathing for the Soul - Our Shared Superpower

Since I've started writing again, I've come to the conclusion that for me, writing really is like breathing for my soul. The sense of calm and relief I feel and possess when I write is transformative compared to when I don't. I'm happier.  In all things.  All of the time.  It's like having a superpower that transcends all aspects of my life. Taking the time to write is in itself taking time to treat myself with a kindness I would usually only reserve for others. Like a soul-spa.  It cleanses and renews. It enables me to cut through the top 'chaos-layer' and reveal what sits underneath.  It's a way to cut out the noise and focus in on what's really true and what really matters. I get perspective too.  So if things are troubling or emotive, writing gives me the opportunity to 'talk it out' on the page and make sense of it all.  I am always clear by the time I'm done.  I know why I feel the way I do and what action I need to take...